Citizens who have reached 18 years old may import alcohol beverages and tobacco products to the custom territory of Ukraine in hand luggage or accompanied luggage without paying customs duties and without written declaration in the following amounts per person:
1) 200 cigarettes / 50 cigars / 250 grams of tobacco or sets of these products of total weight not exceeding 250 grams;
2) 5 liters of beer, 2 liters of wine, 1 liter of strong alcohol beverages (containing more than 22% alcohol).
Citizens may import food products for personal consumption to the custom territory of Ukraine for a total amount not exceeding the equivalent of 200 EUR per person, in the following volume:
- in the packaging of the manufacturer intended for retail trade - in quantity not more than one package or total weight not exceeding 2 kilograms of each item per person;
- without packaging - in quantity not exceeding 2 kilograms of each item per person;
- without packaging - an indivisible product ready for direct use in quantity not more than 1 item per person;
Declaration must be filed (in oral or written form by the request of the owner of such products or by the request of custom official) in the process of import of the mentioned food products by citizens to the custom territory of Ukraine.
Food products weighing up to 10 kg in the packaging of the manufacturer are delivered at international postal or express-post offices.
Food products of animal origin for personal consumption without the manufacturer's packaging (Article 52 of the Law of Ukraine No. 771/97-VR) are forbidden on import by citizens of Ukraine, foreigners and individuals without citizenship to the territory of Ukraine.
Article 376, 378 of the Customs Code of Ukraine dated March 13, 2012 No. 4495-VI