Personal belongings – are new and used goods intended to provide ordinary everyday needs of an individual that correspond to the purpose of stay in Ukraine or abroad, also goods that will be transported across the custom border of Ukraine in hand luggage, accompanied and unaccompanied luggage and not intended for business activity, alienation or transfer to other individuals.
Personal belongings transported (sent) by citizens across the custom border of Ukraine in hand luggage, accompanied and unaccompanied luggage must be declared verbally, in written form or by the request of the owner or by the request of the incomes and fees entity – such personal belongings are not subject to custom duty taxation and exempt from submission, conduction of official control measures, as well as submission of documents and / or information confirming compliance with established prohibitions and / or restrictions on the movement of goods across the custom border of Ukraine.
Personal belongings intended for transfer (sending) across the custom border of Ukraine is carried out in the order and on the terms established for the relocation (forwarding) of goods by international postal and express-offices.
Personal belongings are:
1) goods of personal hygiene and individual cosmetics in amount that provides the needs of one individual for the period of journey;
2) clothes, underwear, shoes intended solely for personal use and have signs of such use;
3) personal jewelry, including precious metals and stones with signs of use;
4) individual writing and stationery;
5) one camera, one video camera with a reasonable amount of photo, video, film and accessories;
6) one portable projector and accessories to it with a reasonable number of slides and / or films;
8) portable musical instruments in quantity not more than two;
9) one portable audio reproduction device (including tape recorder, recorder, CD player, etc.) with a reasonable amount of films, records, disks;
10) one portable radio;
11) cellular (mobile) phones in quantity not more than two, pagers;
12) one portable TV;
13) portable personal computers in quantity not more than two units and peripheral equipment and accessories; flash cards in quantity not more than three;
14) one portable typewriter;
15) calculators, electronic books in quantity not more than two;
16) individual medical products for the purpose of ensuring vital functions and control of its condition with signs of use;
17) regular and / or walkable baby strollers in amount corresponding the number of children crossing the border with a citizen, and in the absence of children - in the amount of not more than one;
18) one wheelchair for persons with disabilities for every person with a disability crossing the custom border of Ukraine, and in the absence of such person - in the amount of not more than one;
19) medicines transported (sent) across the custom border of Ukraine in the order and in amounts determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
20) watches in quantity not more than two;
21) 0.5 liters of toilet water and / or 100 grams of perfume;
22) sports equipment - bicycle, fishing rod, mountaineering equipment kit, snorkeling kit, ski kit, tennis racket kit, surfboard, windsurfing, golf equipment kit, other similar equipment intended for use by one person;
23) special baby food for children suffering from phenylketonuria or other illness requiring special nutrition that is not produced (not realized) in Ukraine, which is transported (sent) across the custom border of Ukraine in the order and in amount determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
24) other goods intended for the everyday needs of a citizen, the list and the maximum number of which are determined by the laws of Ukraine.
(Articles 4, 369-370 of the Customs Code of Ukraine dated March 13, 2012 № 4495-VI)